The Effects of ''Life Skills'' Course On Me.

With Dr.Aleem Shakir; Teacher of Life skillls course.
                     Being the student of ‘’Life Skills’’ course has been a great deal for me. Now I find myself a bit more practical person rather than just being talkative. Almost 3 months have passed since I started studying this course from a great teacher Dr. Aleem Shakir. He has been a great inspiration for me. I often listen various words from him such as ’Positive attitude, determination, good character’. Unintentionally these words are becoming a part of my life. Coming in contact with these things on the daily basis has imposed a great influence on my life. I have started adopting such qualities which can make a person an exemplary figure in society. But it takes a bit time to bring change in one's nature, so I’ve never been worried about this slow progress. I am hopeful to be a very different person when I pass out from University.

                   The best thing the study of this course has provided me is ‘’Positive attitude’’. May be I haven’t still obtained very best from it but now at least I don’t feel comfortable when some negative thinking is arousing in my mind. I believe, still there is a long way to go with this course but now I have a slight introduction to ‘’Positive attitude’’. ‘To look for good in bad’ has also been a motivational factor for me. The actual change comes when you make up your mind for it. I have set a desktop wallpaper with a quote ‘’Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will’’. These are the things which affect your life. Seeing this wallpaper on daily basis reminds me to think positive and to look for good in bad. And that’s what Islam teaches us.

                  Yet another great deal has been the ‘’Time Management’’. The arrival and departure timing of Dr.Aleem Shakir in class has been an example for us. I like him in the sense that he first does himself what he says. He is arriving in class to attend the lecture right in time and saying Good bye when his lecture time ends. He never minds if someone reminds him that his lecture time is over but he thanks that student. Teachers are role model for the students. I try my best to follow this great habit of him. A person who respects time is respected by time. So, I must say ‘’Life skills’’ course has realized me to bother about my time consumption.

                 For the first time, I came to know the real meaning of ‘’Good character’’. Initially I used to thought that a person with good habit is known to possess good character. But after studying Life skills course, I understood that a person was to to be known a good character person whose actions are good in front of people and in absence of people. It means that the absence and presence of people does not affect his action. Good character also means that there should be no hypocritical element in you. Now after full comprehension of Good character I try my level best to behave in the same way in front of people and in their absence. Now, I don’t spit on the floor and eat my meal with good manners.

                 We also had an introduction  to ‘’Safety Measures’’ for doing different tasks. For example, road safety, cooking safety, sleeping safety, walking safety etc. All this has helped me a lot to make myself more secured person. Now, I try to drive with a moderate speed, to follow all traffic rules. I try to walk on the opposite side of movement of traffic so that no motor can hit me from backside. I try to wear the helmet while riding a bike and try to respect all the signals.

                 I must share my experience regarding safety and care. In recent past, I with my six other friends visited cinema for watching movie. While returning from cinema at late night, one of my friends was texting while walking without knowing what’s ahead. Suddenly he got his feet stuck in a ‘’Gutter’’ and but fortunately that proved to be a very narrow escape. Still he had a bit injury. That was a lesson for me and others; never use mobile phone without observing your surroundings.

                 I had a mishap a few days back when I burnt my clothes while pressing them. This was all due to my negligence. The iron I was using was of poor standard. I pressed a portion of my shalwar but that wasn’t working smoothly for me.  I tried to find an alternate for that but couldn’t. Then I had no option except pressing the clothes with that same old iron.  When I placed the iron on my shalwar, it almost burnt it. I could see a big hole in it. At that day, I recognize my talent and learnt a great lesson from that incident.

                  Another topic we studied was ‘’3 R’s’’ i-e Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. I understood the theme of the topic. Mostly things being taught in Life skills course convey the same message which Prophet PBUH had conveyed about 1400 years ago. Here we were stressed to reduce the consumption of different articles for example tissue paper, white paper, plastic bags etc. And the other thing is to reuse of old things instead of purchasing a new one. And last thing is to recycle the old articles instead of throwing them and letting them be a part of ever growing pollution.


                  Overall, I’d like to say it’s been a great experience to study this course which is more practical than being theoretical. I would’ve regretted if not studied this course. The course has not only helped to bring a positive change in my personality but also polish my writing and communication skills. Thanks to dedication and selfless efforts of Dr. Aleem Shakir. May he live long.  

To add on facebook Fahad saleem hashmi and to follow on twitter fahadsays



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the Memory of My Uncle.

A Recap of Pakistan Super League- 1st Edition